Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear,so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God,and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God’s house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you.” – Genesis 28:20-22
1. Putting God first in all you do like Jacob. Prioritizing the place of Christ in your heart and life.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you
2. Be part of the building of the house of God. Commit yourself to make sure the local church where you are stands. Raise or be part of an ongoing altar that worship God.
1 O LORD, remember on behalf of David all the hardships he endured,
2 how he swore an oath to the LORD, and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
3 “I will not enter my house or get into my bed,
4 I will not give sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids,
5 until I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.
3. Commit yourself into giving towards the Kingdom. Honor God with your wealth. Be faithful in your tithing and offering. Jacob swore to be faithful to God in his tithing. Tithing is part of worship that reminds God of your commitment to Him and His Kingdom. It is also part of the covenant of faithfulness you enter with God as your provider.
9 Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your harvest;
10 then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.
4. Be diligent and consistent in what you do for God. As servants of God we are called to preach in season and out of season. We don’t preach because it feels good but because it is a call deep within our bones. We preach because we love Him, who has called us to his good works. We are called to make sure the house of God is opened even if we can’t make it to Church. There many occasions we preach when we ourselves need divine intervention. We don’t allow our shortcomings to hinder our Big God. Trusting God that He who calls us is faithful and will keep you.
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
5. Know your inheritance in Christ. When you know your inheritance in Christ you will stop looking for men for help but God. I desire for all of us to grow strong in faith and not to depend on any man. Whatever man can give you is temporal but what God can give you is permanent. Jacob worked for his uncle Laban for many years but didn’t see much benefits . He went to God to seek his inheritance. The revelation God gave him was just a change of name. There are some of us we have Apostolic Mantles, we have grace to conquer nations, grace to plant churches all over the land, grace to do great things of God, grace for nations, grace for villages , grace for cities but we are looking into men instead of God. When you know your inheritance in Christ, your seed will be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth.
Colossians 3: 23
Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, for the Lord and not for men, 24 because you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
6. Exercise your gift and put it into use. Explore to know your calling as an individual. What gifts has God given you? What do you think you can do better? What do people speak around you when you talk or give idea. There are many people seating under great potential for not exploring their gifts. It is your duty to explore your gift. Don’t ignore that gift God has given you, it will be the one that will open your doors. Your gift will make room for you. Don’t fight with men when you have allowed your gift to be dormant. Whether it is prayer, pray, speaking in tongues , speak, leading , lead, worship, lead worship, evangelism, evangelize, Pastor, start pastoring a group of people, playing instruments, play e.t.c. in the verge of applying your gift, God will add perfection to the gift. Gift is something you grow in it. The more you use it , the better it becomes , the less you use it becomes dull!
A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
7. Seek for mentorship and discipleship. Learn from people who have gone ahead of you. Life is a lesson and it is better learnt from others. Don’t wait for your costly mistakes in ministry in order to learn. Learn from other people’s mistakes and progress. Honor men of God who have something you admire or want to be. Respect graces at work in different men of God. Have a role model of the world you aspire to live in. Challenge your faith for something better than what you currently have. When the blind leads the blind, the Bible says both will fall into a ditch. Learn to interact not only with people in your average but also above you . People who can challenge you to become a better you, people who can inspire you to grow in your faith.
Proverbs 13: 20
He who walks with the wise will become wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed.
Pastor Lenny Were
RTD International www.restorationofthetentofdavid.com