Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
Pastor Lenny Were
Proverbs 23: 1 When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you, 2 and put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite. 3 Do not desire his delicacies, for they are deceptive food.
Pastor Lenny And Sis. Jacinter
Pastor Lenny and Sis. Jacinter
Pastor Lenny and Sis. Jacinter
Pastor Lenny and Sis. Jacinter
Acts 17:30 Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all people everywhere to repent.
Matthew 16:18 “and I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock, I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it”
John 10:10 “the thief cometh not, but to steal, and to kill and to destroy, I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly”
Matthew 11:12 “and from the days of john the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the violent take it by force”
A standard gate is usually a dual/double-leaf or single-leaf moveable barrier hinged to a fence or wall, which opens or shuts to grant or deny access to persons animals or vehicles. In the simplest sense, it is a barrier designed to lock friends, in, and enemies out.
Gates are erected to control entry and exit into a house, block of apartments, office complex, city, institutions town, estate, animal pens, car parks, sports stadiums, entertainment venues national parks, military garrisons, power and water plants airports, seaports, country borders etc
- Construction material:- Gates are made of different materials that include metal and wood.
- Designs and workmanship:- vary to enhance strength of gate against attack
: – Beauty to convey messages of status and worth of the place or content
within the gates.
- Technical human reinforcement: – when it is necessary to increase security due to the real potential danger or importance of what is within the gates. Gadgets such as cct cameras, sensor lights, luggage scanners etc are used to ensure no unwanted device gains entry.
- Human reinforcement: – gate keepers/askaris/security men/watchmen/soldiers. Armed with rungus, guns, bows and arrows whistles, stones
- Backup systems: – security firms that have mobile backup and rescue units.
Watch dogs or ubwa kali back-up
- Legal reinforcement:-In some incidences a stern warning is made visible that trespass beyond that gate will be prosecuted.
Makeshift gates/make to do gate: – use of available material and use of known or creative skills.
2. so so
3. good for little – up- hazard and can be easily dismantled, climbed over, walked through crawled under by machine, man or animal
The current wave of violence and consequent insecurity in some parts of the world, has however led to extreme situation where people now erect barricades around themselves in the name of security
Biblical account of gates
In the Bible the men of God understood the importance of gates, and what they stood for. Hence in their prayers the constant refrain was: “…and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them” – (Gen 24:60).
We see the same repeated in the same book of Genesis when the angel of God prayed for father Abraham: “…and thy seed shall possess the gates of his enemy” (Gen 22:17).
The gates of Jericho Joshua 6: 1 we read how the people of Jericho effectively utilized the purpose for erecting gates.
“Now Jericho was strictly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out and none came in”.
Why did they shut their gates? – the gates were shut because of the great
fear of Israel’s military mighty and ability.
The story is best told in the words of Rahab the harlot in the book of
Joshua 2: 9-10:
“And she said unto them, I know that the Lord hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.
For we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea for you, when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Org, whom ye utterly destroyed”
The potential threat that the nation of Israel posed against the nations around them spread terror like a wild wind. The people of Jericho have heard of the military exploits of Israel when coming out of Egypt, and how they have destroyed several powerful kings in battle.”
The gates were an important part of any ancient city. They gave the only way of passing through the wall and were normally closed at night and were strengthened by bars of brass or iron. The gate is the name given to a very important place of concourse, partly because it was an open space, not usually found elsewhere in a city. Much of the business of the city was done there (Ruth 4:11).
Safety has always been the paramount reason for erecting gates in both old times and now. Both physically and spiritual gates
Note that whoever controls the gate has dominion, power in his grasp.
Lose control of the gate, and you are in big trouble, because this is the same as to voluntary submission to the will and purpose of the one who has overtake your gates and your power to control what/ who comes in and out for whatever purpose.
Allowing the person or the enemy or unwanted intruder(s) make decisions over you and what is yours. Including the making of decisions that will cause you harm, loss, torment and destruction, in the physically, emotionally and spiritually areas of an individual.
Where are the Open doors?
Doors Leading To Strongholds
1. The soul of man (mind, will, and emotions) is like a house.
Matthew 12:43-45. “ when an evil spirit leaves a man it looks for a place to rest if it does not find one it comes back to the house it leave . If it finds it empty swept and in order it goes and comes back with seven spirits more wicked then it.
2. the enemy is like a wild animal, crouched, ready to spring into an opening.
Genesis 4:7 ‘If you do not do what is right sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, but you must master it.”
3. A couple examples of the open doors are “anger” and “occult involvement”.
Back door = sin
Left door =
Fear of man / evil
Right door =
Front door = mental / emotional
General Methods Satan uses to attack our spiritual gates:
1. Enticement (occults curious arts)
* Deuteronomy 18:10-11 “let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead
2. Oppression (outside attack) (to press against, down, under)
* Acts 10:38, “ how God anointed Jesus Christ of Nazareth with the holy Spirit and power, and he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
3. Possession (The term “demonized” is a proper N.T. translation) (mainly internal).
- Unbelievers (II Corinthians 4:4) “the god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”
- Believers* (II Timothy 2:26) “and that they will come to they senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will” (degree of control)
(For Believers an evil spirit would only have access to the body and the soul = mind, will, and emotions, and not the spirit of man which is the new creation.)
1. He uses surprise. Exodus 17:8 (descendants of Esau)
2. He attacks at the point of our weakness. I John 2:16
3. He attacks at the point of our strengths. I Chronicles. 21:1.
4. He uses aggression. I Peter 5:8 (Isaiah 5:29), Matthew 11:12.
5. He steals the good seed of the Word. Matthew 13:19.
6. He sows tares (the children of evil). Matthew 13:38-39.
7. He inflicts disease. Job 2:7, Luke 13:16.
8. He initiates death and destruction. Job 1:12-19.
9. He brings accusations against believers. Revelation 12:10
10. He induces mental and emotional disorders. Mark 5:1-6
The Enemy’s hides behind
II Corinthians 11:14 “…false prophets liked to Satan masquerading as the angel of light…” (Appearance = an angel of light).
1. Darkness = Ephesians 6:12 “for our struggles are not against flesh and blood, but against …powers of this dark world”
2. Deception = II Thessalonians 2:10,”coming of the lawless one …will be in accordance with the work of Satan’s doing false miracles…and every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing, they perish because to love the truth and so be saved:
(In psychology, some list as many as forty Defense Mechanisms which we use to keep from facing the truth)
3. Intimidation = I Samuel 17:4-11 (Goliath) “… on hearing the words of the philistine Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified”,
4. Ignorance = Hosea 4:6, “my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”
5. Confusion = Acts 19:23-29 great is Diana of Ephesus (I don’t understand) (being confounded)
6. Doubt (questioning) = Genesis 3:1 caused eve to doubt if what God really said about eating the fruit of the tree of any tree in the garden
The Enemy’s Weapons:
(In contrast to ours)
- Lies (deception and confusion) = Genesis 3:4, I Kings 13:18 ………..truth
- Unrighteousness (wrong thoughts) = II Thessalonians 2:10 ……….righteousness
- Condemnation (accusation) = Job 4:17-18, Nehemiah 6:6 …………Gospel of peace
- Fear (worry, anxiety) = Job 4:14-15 ……………………………………….faith
- Destruction = John 10:10, I Corinthians 5:5……………………………..salvation
- Another word (traditions, opinions, doctrines) Galatians 1:6-8 ……..Word of God
- Detractions (entertainment, addictions, laziness) = Judges 14:1-3
a. Being led by the Holy Spirit.
Galatians 5:16 “so I say, live in the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature”
I Corinthians 10:13
Notes: (1) One can not obey the Spirit and the enemy at the same time. (2) There is no unique temptation. (3) God’s grace enables us to always do what is right.
b. Being an overcomer.
I John 5:4 “for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith”
Notes: (1) We need to see ourselves as God sees us. (2) He sees us as being more than just an overcomer.
c. Being baptized in and daily filled with the Spirit.
I Peter 2:9 (peculiar = possessed).
“but you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful life.”
Acts 10:47 (sign of ownership)
Ephesians 5:18-19 “do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. (perverted form virtue and morality) Instead, be filled with spirit.”
(1) We are to be God possessed opposed to being demon possessed.
(2) An empty vessel is a void that will be filled with either good or evil.
(3) We are to continually be filled.
(4) If we are filled there is no room for the enemy.
(5) We should seek to be filled twice a day as the lamps in the O.T. lamp stand
Help God gives use to guard our gates and prevail over the gates of hell effectively:
a. He gives us revelation knowledge *John 16:13-15. “but when he, the spirit of truth comes he will guide you into all truths”
b. He strengthens us at the point of our weakness. II Corinthians 12:9-10. “But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power my rest on me.”
c. He encourages us in our strengths. * I Timothy 4:14 “do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you”
d. He uses love. *Galatians 5:6 “for in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor un-circumcisioned has any value, the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love”
e. He plants the good seed in our hearts. *James 1:21. “therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you”
f. He provides the body ministry. * Romans 12:4-8, – body is one many parts functioning as gifted ministering to the rest of the body.
g. He heals and promises health. * I Peter 2:24, “…by his wounds you have been healed”
h. He initiates life and prosperity. *John 10:10, “…I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
i. He frees us from condemnation. *Romans 8:1 “therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
j. He provides peace of mind. *John 14:27 “peace I leave with you my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let you hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
God gives us divine protection.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might” (Ephesians 6:10).
Note: “be strong” means to be empowered or having power from within. The way we get power within is be “in the Lord”. In other words, we get our defensive power by being in the Lord.
“If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you” (John 15:6-7).
a. He is our strong protection. II Chronicles 16:9
b. He encamps about us. Psalms 34:7
c. He is like a hen to her chicks. Psalm 91:4
d. He is like a fortress of high mountains. Psalm 125:2
e. He is like a wall of fire. Zechariah 2:5
f. He is our defense. Psalm 5:11
g. He is our rear guard. Exodus 14:20
h. He is our fortress. Psalm 144:2
i. He is our rock of defense. Psalm 18:2
j. He is our hiding place. Psalm 31:20
k. He is our place of refuge. Psalm 46:1
l. He is our shield. Psalm 84:11
“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Ephesians 6:11-13). (verses 14-18 following).
a. “having your loins girt about with truth” = protection for our walk.
b. “having on the breastplate of righteousness” = protection for our heart.
c. “your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace” = protection for
d. “above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all
the fiery darts of the wicked” = general overall protection.
e. “take the helmet of salvation” = protection from evil thoughts.
f. “the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” = both armor of defense and weapon of offense.
g. “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints” = call for defense.
Weapons for defense of spiritual gates
1. The Word of God.
Ephesians 6:17”And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”
The Word is listed as the major offensive weapon. Jesus uses the Word as a weapon.
Revelation 19:15 “And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.”
Jesus used it against the devil.
Matthew 4:4 “But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
a. There is a need to read and study the Word.
b. We need to quote the Word against the enemy.
2. Meditation upon God.
Joshua 1:8”This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
These were some of the instructions that God gave to Joshua before he was to lead the people into battle in the promise land. Meditation gives us time to hear from God and make strategic plans against the enemy.
3. Revelation knowledge.
Daniel 11:32”And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”
First, we must in a general sense know God.”
4. The prayer of faith.
James 5:15 “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”
We can take back ground the enemy has taken through sin by praying in faith.
Matthew 17:20-21 “And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.”
We should enter into spiritual warfare only when we have faith. We are to speak against the enemy in faith.
Acts 16:25-26”And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed.”
As Paul and Silas praised, the Lord did warfare for them and opened the doors of the prison.
6. In Name of Jesus.
Mark 16:17-18 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Therefore, we are to be active in using the NAME of Jesus.
7. The Blood of Jesus.
Revelation 12:11”And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
The Saints overcame the accuser of the brethren through the blood.
8. Submitted life.
Romans 12:1-2”I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
In any battle, we must know what the will of God is. However, we must submit our will to His to receive His will.
Deuteronomy 28:1 “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth.”
Deuteronomy 28:7”The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.”
Deuteronomy 28:13”And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them.”
This is just one example of obedience. God promises prosperity, health, and victory through obedience.
10. A pure conscience.
A pure conscience means that no one (man or God) can truthfully say that we have offended them and have not made effort to make it right.
Acts 24:16 “And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.”
Psalms 133:1-3”Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life forevermore.”
An anointing and blessings of God comes out of unity.
12. The Fullness of the Spirit.
Also, we need prayer support from others.
Ephesians 6:18 “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel
How do we close the doors?
1. Come to acknowledge the presence of the enemy.
a. Acknowledge that you are having a problem.
b. Acknowledge that the enemy is involved.
2. Ask God to show you the open doors.
“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my (disquieting) thoughts. And see if there be any (way of pain) wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24).
a. Inner conflicts.
b. Emotional wounds.
3. See the open doors.
a. Inner conflicts of sin.
(1). Habitual sins.
(2). Unresolved guilt.
(3). False doctrines.
(3). Ignorance to the Word.
b. Ungodly fear.
(1). Fear of man.
(2). Fear of evil.
(3). Fear of failure.
c. Generational Curses / sin of authorities.
(1). Sin tendencies.
(2). Health problems.
(3). Financial problems.
(4). Relational difficulties.
d. Mental and Emotional Wounds.
4. You must a willingness to deal with the problems.
“When Jesus saw him lie, and he knew that he had now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?” (John 5:6).
5. You must act in faith.
a. Matthew 21:21-22.
b. Mark 11:22-24.
“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:31-31).
Note: The general principle to close the doors is to confront the lie with the truth of the Word of God.
End scripture and prayer: Ephesians 3:14-14
by Mama Diana,